Babylon Translator Download

translator

Monday, February 9, 2009

4 Fatal Financial Fantasies

4 Fatal Financial Fantasies

Investipedia has some sound advice about Financial Fantasies
Many of us have financial fantasies that help us to remain optimistic in the face of financial hardship. But while there's nothing wrong with dreaming, some fantasies do more harm than good, especially when they affect the way we behave. Why give up the dreams? Because expecting a windfall or a free ride to get you through life isn't going to make you successful - in fact, it will allow you to make excuses that can stand in the way of your financial freedom. Let's take a look at four common financial fantasies - you're better off forgetting about them, but we'll provide some realistic, actionable plans you can put in their place.

Common Financial Fantasies
1. I'll receive a large inheritance.
2. I'll win the lottery.
3. I'll start a website and make a killing off advertising.
4. I'll make a ton off an initial public offering (IPO).

Reality Check
1. I'll start my own business.
2. I'll finish college.
3. I'll make passive supplemental income through investments.
4. I'll buy a house.

Read it all on Investopedia.com

No comments: